Latest Clinical Trials & Studies
Clinical Trials, Approvals & Safety
Currently our machines are engaged in three clinical trials in the United States. These studies are for final submission to the FDA for U.S. FDA clearance, and for adding human use approval in other countries.
To our knowledge, PEMF Systems Inc is the only manufacturer conducting clinical trials in the USA to demonstrate the health benefits and safety of our product. Magna Wave offers the longest most comprehensive warranty available, we also stand behind our PEMF equipment use and safety.
In other countries, PEMF has been a mainstream therapy for over 30 years. There have been over 2800 clinical trials completed using many different PEMF devices in many different countries, all with positive results. Our devices are CE (Human) approved in Europe and 127 other countries.
Magna Wave Inc is the only company in the U.S. offering full training and certification with third party testing for their PEMF devices. Training is included for humans, small animals, and equine use. All practitioners are required to accept and abide by the Magna Wave terms and conditions for acceptable practice and usage of the devices. Magna Wave is also working to obtain full accreditation for individual state licensure. We also work with Insurance companies who recognize our training and will insure our practitioners to treat humans, horse and small animals.
Our current PEMF clinical trials are:
1. Myalgia and Arthralgia of the knee (Arthritis)
Miller School of Medicine at University of Miami
2. Pressure wound healing (bed sores)
Veterans Administration Hospital, Long Beach, CA
3. Venous wound healing
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
Magna Wave PEMF Cuba study
Published in the SPANISH JOURNAL OF OZONE THERAPY
About two years ago we were able to get a PEMF office unit into Cuba. The MD, who headed the study, is a neurosurgeon (Dr. Vivian Borroto) and an official of the Ozone Society there.
Worldwide clinical studies done in Cuba are extremely highly regarded. Two studies were completed, one for knee pain, and one for low back pain, which is completed publishing pending.
Study overview; 90 patients with knee pain “resistant to medical treatment” with more than five years of having the diagnosis of osteoarthritis of the knee and 60+ years of age was divided into three groups A. NSAIDS (normal pain meds) B. PEMF and ozone injections (the latest ozone therapy). C. PEMF 10 sessions each only 6 minutes
Groups B and C had NO “side-affects”, unlike group A, NSAIDS, which experienced gastrointestinal problems and elevated blood pressure.
“Study results for Magna Wave PEMF were found to decrease pain, stiffness and improve the quality of life in patients with knee osteoarthritis.”
A. NSAIDS Pills had a 31% reduction
B. Magna Wave PEMF and Ozone 69% reduction
C. Magna Wave PEMF alone 55% reduction
A.NSAIDS 26% improvement
B. Magna Wave PEMF Ozone 85% improvement
C. Magna Wave PEMF 56% improvement
The second PEMF study involved 160 patients with lumbar pain. Magna Wave PEMF use showed an 82% decrease in pain.
You can read the entire Cuba PEMF Study by Clicking the file below:
How PEMF Works Magic
Some of the effects of Magna Wave Therapy
1. Blood circulation is said to be affected and normalized. Loaded particles in the bloodstream are said to oscillate in the rhythm of the frequency. This could reduce friction and flow resistance in narrow capillaries. Perfusion (blood circulation) is said to improve and at the same time, it is often felt that the diffusion rate for oxygen and carbon dioxide may increase.
2. Oxygen partial pressure is said to increase. Many studies are said to demonstrate an increase in the oxygen content of the blood. Cell membrane potential is said to be normalized. General exhaustion of the body, caused by stress or chronic disease, will reduce the cell’s membrane potential (usually between 70 to 90 mV). If this potential approaches the zero level, the cell dies. A cell uses 50% of its energy to maintain this potential. Magna Wave, with its perceived ion transport system, could enable the selective movement of protons (H+ ions), which are said to then be retargeted at the cell membrane. In this way, the membrane could be hyperpolarized, and the membrane potential normalizes.
3. Calcium influx is said to enter the cell. Through this potential increased concentration of H+ ions in the membrane area pH value is said to be reduced near the membrane. This could lead to the release of calcium from the protein layer of the cell membrane. With this unbound calcium could flow into the cell core and trigger numerous metabolic reactions. Macrophages (tissue cells functioning as protection against infections) could be activated, and, therefore, the immune system is said to be strengthened. Metabolism is said to be activated and nitric oxide, a potent vessel enlarger, is said to be produced. Also, it is thought that cytogenesis (structure, function, and multiplication of the cells) is stimulated.